Thursday, January 8, 2015

Temporary residence - Documenting means of support and health insurance

Hi all, I am a man in the early stages of relocating permanently to Serbia. I will be marrying a Serbian this year and we are planning to live in Belgrade. I have a lot to learn about the bureaucracy involved in the relocation process, and I hope you don't mind me asking some questions here. :-)



When applying for temporary residence (after the marriage), the following needs to be documented:



- Proof that I have enough means to support myself

- Proof that I have health insurance



My future wife (who is employed) and I are thinking about using her income and health insurance to prove that I am covered in both areas, since this would simplify things for us in the early stages (I will not be employed in Serbia).



- Can my wife's employment status and income be used to document that I, as her spouse, have sufficient funds to support myself while living in Serbia? If yes, is there a minimum income requirement for her?

- Can I obtain public health care through my wife? If yes, what is the procedure? If no, what are the best options for private health insurance? I will have travel insurance when I arrive, and will then switch to public or private health care after the first 90 days in the country.



I hope this was not too much asking at once. :-) Thanks in advance for any information that you are willing to share.





Temporary residence - Documenting means of support and health insurance

No comments:

Post a Comment